Time: 60 mins Yield: 2-4 servings Level: Easy
Let us ask you, what is your comfort food?
We present you with our own version of curd rice. Little as we know, curd rice is also known as South Indian Yogurt Rice. Back there, the curd is usually eaten at the end of the meal to contradict the spiciness of the main dishes and help the digestion.
A taste of this amazing curd rice will bring you comfort especially during gloomy days. It will surely comfort you and lift up your mood!
Pair with the cucumber raita and you’ll have an amazing meal you’ll never forget!
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 3 dry red chilies
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Wash the rice well and put in a pressure cooker with the water. Cook until done--cook first on a high heat until you hear the first whistle, then simmer and allow 1 more whistle. Set aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Mix the yogurt with the rice and add salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, and dry red chilies. Cook until the chilies are almost black.
- Add this mix to the rice and stir well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with a pickle or chutney.