Time: 15mins Yield: 12 pieces Level: Easy
Do you remember the times when you were a kid and you’d frequent that bakery near your homes? You’d see different kinds of baked products. Spanning from bread to croissants or to rolls even, we always loved how they looked and tasted.
Now, how would you feel if you could make those treats from the comfort of your homes? That would be both rewarding and nostalgic. But surely, it would be something you’d love.
Every bite is sweet and tasty. A flavor that you will never forget!
Yogurt used for this recipe was made through Yomee.
- 1 - ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 Egg
- Zest of ½ of Lemon
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cooking oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Add the oil to a heavy bottomed pan and preheat. Oil should be heated to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, powder vanilla (if using) and baking powder, set aside.
- Add the yogurt, egg and lemon zest and mix just long enough for the mixture to come together. The batter should be a thick pancake batter.
- Scoop out the batter using a small ice cream scoop. Fry a few at a time or until deeply golden brown.
- Drain them on a paper towel then dredge them in some granulated sugar and dig in!