Move over cream cheese, there’s something cultured, flavorful, and healthier on the move right now! Labne is a traditional cheese which could be made from strained fresh yogurt made by Yomee enjoyed as a dip, appetizer, or an ingredient. Labne has a thick, rich texture and bright tang also making it an amazing and wholesome alternative to cream cheese. A great healthy alternative so make sure to try it on your next bagel!
We enjoy lightly salted labne on bagels but one cannot live on plain yogurt cheese alone, so we recommend you to try the variations below. Simply fold the flavoring ingredients into the basic labne spread below. Keep labne spread chilled in a tightly covered container and use within a week.
Basic labne spread
Makes 1 cup
- cup homemade fresh labne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
In a small bowl, use a rubber spatula to combine the labne with the salt. Keep chilled until ready to use.
Add the following ingredient to the basic labne spread for these fun flavors:
Veggie & Scallion
- scallions, green tops only, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red radish
Sweet Cinnamon & Raisins
- tablespoon organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins, roughly chopped
Basil & Roasted Garlic
- cloves roasted garlic, chopped`
- tablespoons chopped fresh basil