Time: 10 mins Yield: 2 cups Level: Easy
Looking for a dip that would refresh you during a humid weather?
But, what is raita?
Raita is a condiment in India however, the closest appropriation to it, in the Western cuisine, is that it’s a side dish or a cooked salad.
Creating dishes from various cuisines is such an adventure. Some people get to know their culture through eating and cooking their food. One of the best things about this raita dish is that it could be also a dip for your chips when you just want to binge watch your favorite series.
Now, don’t forget to try this rejuvenating dip with pita bread or with your favorite rice dish.
Yogurt used in this recipe is made possible through Yomee.
- 2 cups thick yogurt, whisked till smooth
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped fine
- 1 large cucumber, grated
- ¾ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon
- Grate the cucumbers and chop up the mint leaves. To eliminate excess moisture from the cucumbers, press them into a towel to remove extra water. This will keep the mix from becoming too runny.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, removing any major lumps.
- Chill and serve.